For Simple Peanut Sauce:
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- juice of 1 lime juice
- 1 Tbl tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tbl honey
- 1 Tbl sambal chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (as desired for consistency)
For Classic Thai Chili Sauce:
6 Tbl Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tbl Fish Sauce
3-6 Hot Peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
For the Bowls:
- Rice Noodles
- 2 Tbl T oasted Sesame Oil
- Basil, Mint, and Cilantro
- Avocado OR Protein (shrimp, chicken or tofu)
- Veggies –> carrots, bell peppers, snow pea pods, scallions, red cabbage, radish, cucumbers, watercress… anything goes!
- Garnishes–> Toasted sesame seeds, bean sprouts, peanuts
- SAUCE PREP: Combine all ingredients together
- NOODLE PREP: Cook your rice noodles according to package. Drain and coat with toasted sesame oil.
- PROTEIN PREP: (optional) sauté in sesame oil. Lightly toss with peanut sauce.
- VEG PREP: Mince the herbs, shred carrots, slice peppers, cucumbers, cabbage, pea pods (and avocado)
- BOWL PREP: Toss the noodles (hot or cold! your choice) with the peanut sauce and all the other ingredients. Garnish with sesame seed, sprouts and chili sauce.